Garage Door Repairs San Fernando Valley
MY Garage Doors repair garage doors from all brands and makers in San Fernando Valley CA. Many times our clients ask us if we think that we will be able to repair their garage door, since they are not sure if we fix their jammed garage door, or they are not sure if we repair wooden garage doors. So we would like to make it clear: If it is broken garage door repair San Fernando Valley, MY Garage Doors can fix it, and they can fix it today!
From industrial heavy duty Overhead garage doors, to residential garage door tune up, we can repair it. If your garage door coil spring snapped, the door is out of track, or if the operator do not respond, we are the answer for all your garage door needs in San Fernando Valley CA and the area.
Issue with garage doors in San Fernando Valley
There are many reasons that can affect a garage door and the way it is moving. It is enough that one of the wheels (rollers) is damaged or broke, to take a garage door out of its tracks. When we arrive to inspect a jammed garage door at for our clients in San Fernando Valley, we often find that the issue started long before they contacted us, and if they would of call a local garage door company in San Fernando Valley on time, the repair could cost less than third from what it will cost now. So we always say and we will say it again, do not wait until it is too late, and until your garage door will completely stop working. If there is something wrong with your overhead door, if the cable is lose or damaged, the coil spring broke, the roller is bended, or if the door is making strong noises, call a local garage door company in San Fernando Valley to come and fix your jammed garage door. Besides saving money, that you will spend if you will wait until the damage will be bigger, you will avoid putting yourself, or one of your family members at risk. We, at MY Garage Doors, offer same day garage door repairs near San Fernando Valley California, and since we carry the parts with us, like garage door coil spring or rollers, we can fix any jammed garage door in San Fernando Valley on first visit.
Garage Door Coil spring Repairs San Fernando Valley
It can be a garage door in San Fernando Valley, or garage door repair in Woodland Hills, what makes it easy to lift and open even the heaviest overhead doors that weight hundreds of pounds is the door’s coil spring system. The coil spring system is also and what stop the heavy door from crashing into the ground and break. When one of the coil springs break, it is usually occurring while the door is closed (When there is the most pressure on the coil springs), sometime followed by a loud noise that make you wonder if the door is completely gone, that you will have to call a garage door specialist in San Fernando Valley to come and replace it. But there is no need to worry, most times we can repair the door by replacing the jammed coil spring with a new high quality coil spring. We have replaced countless amount of garage door coil springs in San Fernando Valley, using high quality coil springs, from the kind that last for many years.
Garage Door Torsion Coil spring
If you are not sure what kind of coil spring system operate your garage door in San Fernando Valley, look at the coil springs and you will know. The extension coil springs are located on the sides of the door, on the top of the tracks, while the torsion coil springs are wrapped around a metal pipe, and usually located at the center of the door.
Every garage door has its own size of coil springs, which are calculated by the size and the weight of the door. If one of your torsion coil spring broke, please contact MY Garage Doors for a same day repair in San Fernando Valley. Do not assume that coil spring that “looks like”’ “almost the same” or any kind of assuming will make the door work. Not only that the door won’t work, you will put yourself at risk. Using the wrong coil spring is dangerous. If you need garage door coil spring repair, call a garage door specialist in San Fernando Valley.
Garage Operator Repair San Fernando Valley
The garage door operators you can find in the market today - as long as you purchase a high quality operator (such as Liftmaster operator) - can last many years and more. If you think about it, it is better to invest in high quality operators rather than purchase a cheap operator that may need to be repaired or replaced in 3-5 years. We install high quality garage door operators in Los Angeles, like the Liftmaster operators, that can easily last for 30 years and more.
Safety Sensors Repair San Fernando Valley
One of the issues that prevent a garage door from working properly, whether it is a garage door in San Fernando Valley, or garage door service in Reseda, is issue with the garage door safety sensors. Luckily, this issue is easy to repair. If you own an automated garage door that operate with an electric operator you will find 2 safety sensors at the bottom of the garage door tracks, or next to it. They are there for a reason, and the reason is your safety. The federal law require that every automated garage door, whether in San Fernando Valley, or anywhere else in the US will include a safety feature such as the garage door safety sensors.
The location of the safety sensors is right where people tend to put their cleaning materials or their gardening tools, and that usually end with one of the sensors accidently moved for its place, and break the invisible laser beam which run between the 2 sensors. If your garage door is coming down only half way, and reverse to open position followed by a signal from the operator that something is wrong, you may have a safety sensors issue, and you may need safety sensors repair.
In most cases, the safety sensors repair is not complicated, and can be easily performed. You can try and repair them by doing it yourself, or you can call a local garage door expert San Fernando Valley to come and repair the safety sensors for you.
Do It Yourself garage door repair
Whenever we are asked about do it yourself garage door repair, we like to tell the story about a customer who needed garage door repair in San Fernando Valley: One evening we received a call from a terrified woman, who told us that her father locked himself inside the garage and he can’t come out. Of course that we stopped all projects and rushed to his home in San Fernando Valley. We arrived and found that the garage door is down and closed due to a jammed torsion coil spring, and that the person inside is locked since the door was too heavy to lift.
We quickly started working and together we were able to open the door, which was a 2 cars heavy wooden garage door. Surprisingly, we found an old man outside who looked more amused than terrified.
He told us that he watched a “do it yourself” garage door coil spring repair Video, where they explained how to replace a torsion coil spring. So the first step was to disengage the garage door operator, and so he did, just that the door was half way down, so once he disengaged the motor, the weight of the door pulled the door down and locked him inside. He was lucky that there is a garage door company in Los Angeles which was nearby and could help him in less than twenty minutes. Otherwise he could find himself waiting for hours for someone to help him.
What repairs you can do by yourself
If you read the story we just told, you probably understand that we are not big fans of do it yourself garage door repair. But at the same time we do encourage garage door owners in San Fernando Valley to do things by themselves such as lubricate their garage door, Repair a jammed safety sensor, and other small repairs that doesn’t require special tools and professional knowledge.
If you decided to repair your garage door by yourself, please make sure that you have the right tools, the matching parts, and please try to stay on the safe side. Remember: No jammed garage door in San Fernando Valley worth your health. If you are not sure, if you have a question, or if you think the repair is too much for you, call a local specialist for the service.
About our garage door repair in San Fernando Valley
MY Garage Doors offer same day garage door service, including:
- Emergency garage door repair San Fernando Valley.
- Garage coil spring replacement San Fernando Valley.
- Garage operator repair San Fernando Valley.
- Garage operator installation San Fernando Valley.
- Out of track repair San Fernando Valley.
- Residential garage door repair San Fernando Valley.
- Industrial garage door repair San Fernando Valley.
- Garage cable replacement San Fernando Valley.
- Garage door maintenance San Fernando Valley.
- Same day service near San Fernando Valley.
Industrial Overhead Door Repair
If you own a industrial garage door in San Fernando Valley California, you probably know that a perfectly working industrial door can save you a k lot of time and money, which you would of spend otherwise. That is the reason we offer a same day repair service for industrial Overhead doors in San Fernando Valley California.
If you are having issues with your industrial overhead door, the door need repair, but you are thinking to continue to use it, or to repair it by doing it yourself, we suggest that you will think again. A industrial Overhead door, whether it is in San Fernando Valley or a industrial Garage Door in in West Hills can be very dangerous, and should be repaired by a trained and experienced specialist, who carry the tools, and the right parts for the repair.
Reasons overhead door need out of tracks repair
There are many reasons that can make overhead door in San Fernando Valley jump outside of its tracks. But no matter what is the reason that made the door go out of the tracks, the important thing is to stop using the door and wait for a qualified overhead door specialist in San Fernando Valley to fix it. The reasons can change from one door to another, and from industrial overhead door repair to residential overhead door repair. What matter is that you will use a professional overhead door expert in San Fernando Valley for the repair, and that you will not try and force the door to open or close. Sometime the door may be completely stuck and sometime it can still be moved, but that doesn’t mean that you should try and move it.
Reason for out of tracks overhead door:
- Someone hit the door with the vehicle: The garages in San Fernando Valley are relatively small, and not once we receive calls from people who tried to exit the garage, and accidentally hit the door with the vehicle. In that case the repair can be simple or complicated, it all depend on the amount of damage to the door. We know that it may seem simple to push the roller back into the tracks, thinking that the door will work again. But what you do not know is that doing so can be dangerous, and the best thing will be to call overhead garage door repairman in San Fernando Valley California to fix the door for you, make sure that it is safe for use again, and only then get back to use the door. As we said, trying to operate an off tracks overhead door is dangerous, since the overhead door can fall completely out of tracks. Always use a professional specialist for the overhead door repair.
- There is issue with the door mechanism: The overhead doors in California operate with coil spring system. It can be overhead door in San Fernando Valley, or overhead garage door repairs in Manhattan Beach. No matter what door you own, or where you are located, do not use a jammed overhead door. If your door suddenly jumped out of tracks, it may be to several reasons, like jammed coil spring, snapped cable, or jammed roller. The important thing is to let everyone know that the door is jammed, and call overhead doors supplier in San Fernando Valley to fix the door for you.
- The roller is Jammed: As we explained, the rollers are what connect the door to the tracks. And if you live in San Fernando Valley, and you have been ignoring the need for garage door service and lubrication like every overhead door in California need, you probably going to need overhead door repairs service in San Fernando Valley. But even if you did maintained and lubricated your overhead door in San Fernando Valley on time. Some of the overhead door parts, like the rollers and pulleys need to be replaced once in a while, no matter how much you lubricated them. And using the door although the rollers or rollers are jammed will make the door jump out of tracks again and again. Whether it is industrial overhead door repairs, or residential overhead door repair, do not use the door, and call a local overhead garage door supplier that service San Fernando Valley to come and fix the door for you.
For garage door services in San Fernando Valley, Call: 805-316-4854